Renulek's current doily. I elected to SLT before and after each rosette, so that I could work with one shuttle and a ball. In size 80, it is now approximately 5 1/2 inches across.
Yes, I know everyone else is already on Round 5. I'll catch up eventually. Maybe. One could stop at this point and have a nice little doily, but I have lots of thread left, so I'm going on.
At one point, I discovered a Dreadful Mistake, where I had left out the single ring between rosettes. The mistake was 7 rings back when I noticed, and that was too many rings to open and pick out. I was pondering where to make the cut for the best place for working in 4 loose ends, when I realized that wasn't necessary. I carefully snipped near the base of the rings, and teased out the core thread of the chains, and I was able to leave the green thread intact and wind it back on the ball. Just 2 thread ends were much easier to hide without a lump.
Look Ma, it's a dud! - I liked the daisy shape on an earlier design so I thought I'd try it again. After completing the daisy I didn't really want something that used a lot of sp...
2 hours ago