BLOCKS & BUTTONS and VICTORIANS REVISITED - Two New Books Now Available!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Motif Three


Working the Thistle Pin, the rounded shape of the tatting and the texture of the beads suddenly made me think of strawberry seeds. I wanted to change the shape so that the taper to the point would be shorter. I tried using fewer, larger rings and then decreasing the ring size in later rows, but I didn't like it.

I decided to make the rings more like Rita's original design. Meanwhile, I had decided it would be better to begin with the leaf cap rather than try to attach it later. I experimented with different rings for the leaf cap instead of trying to make it neat. Since this was definitely not going to be a final draft, I left off the beads to save time.

Final version = Motif Three!

4 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful finish!!! This would make a lovely pouch necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty!!! I may try something like this later. Thanks for sharing and joining the 25 Motifs Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so yummy! I will never get any sleep if you guys don't stop tempting me with your genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool! I wanted to come up with a denser strawberry than what I've seen in the past but kept getting sidetracked. Great idea!
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete