Friday, October 27, 2006

Motif Three

Working the Thistle Pin, the rounded shape of the tatting and the texture of the beads suddenly made me think of strawberry seeds. I wanted to change the shape so that the taper to the point would be shorter. I tried using fewer, larger rings and then decreasing the ring size in later rows, but I didn't like it.

I decided to make the rings more like Rita's original design. Meanwhile, I had decided it would be better to begin with the leaf cap rather than try to attach it later. I experimented with different rings for the leaf cap instead of trying to make it neat. Since this was definitely not going to be a final draft, I left off the beads to save time.

Final version = Motif Three!


  1. It's a beautiful finish!!! This would make a lovely pouch necklace!

  2. It's so pretty!!! I may try something like this later. Thanks for sharing and joining the 25 Motifs Challenge

  3. This is so yummy! I will never get any sleep if you guys don't stop tempting me with your genius!

  4. Oh cool! I wanted to come up with a denser strawberry than what I've seen in the past but kept getting sidetracked. Great idea!
    :-) Gina