Friday, November 06, 2009

Vacation

I've been too lazy --er, um, Busy! to blog lately. We actually took a small family vacation, which we haven't done for a long, long time. We visited my sister in Maryland, and spent the next day in Washington, DC.



This is the Museum of the American Indian, with a beautiful fountain all around.

There were handcraft exhibits on the ground floor.



Look at the pineapple like necklace. Can I tat that?


Then on to the Air and Space Museum.








Then a mad dash through the Freer Gallery just before closing for the Japanese art (Sorry no pictures.)
The next day we came home via the Sky Line Drive in Virginia with the trees in beautiful fall colors.























When I got home, I had HDT from Tatskool waiting in the mailbox. The picture doesn't do the thread justice. They look lucious, with a beautiful shine. These are two members of the Choco-Raspberry family and a sample of Raspberry Ripple. I will have to choose the perfect project for them.










6 comments:

  1. OH I so remember our trip to Washington DC, I was on museum overload while DH did his conference bit. then on to Virginia and Maryland...I think! happy days.
    That necklace is fab.
    So glad you like your thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vacation sounds like a really nice one!
    That thread is nice. Looking forward to seeing what you tat up sometime when you're done with vacation or whenever you pick up the shuttles again. ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm willing to bet that you CAN tat that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might be able to come up with a way to get the effect of the necklace through tatting but the beading technique is not that hard-- but you do need a pattern because the best thread paths are easier to let someone else work out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you make it to Udvar-Hazy museum? A must see, even for non-aviation buffs. I might be biased though - I've always been fascinated by aviation. I'm glad you had a nice time - it's so easy to get bogged down with museums!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We plan on the Udvar Hazy for next time. DH is dying to see it.

    ReplyDelete