Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Done, Almost




Did you ever enjoy working on a project, but at the same time been so tired of it you couldn't wait to be done?  Here it is, in size 80 thread coming in at 10 1/2 inches, a little wider than my scanner bed.  Judging from my motif last time, I estimate it would be around 14 inches or more in size 40.  

Now, to finish.  I need to clip off the thread ends.  I worked in the ends as I went along, but I left long tails to prevent the chance of pulling out the ends in the stretching/blocking process.  That's not usually a worry, but with these tiny rings, there weren't a lot of stitches to work the ends into.

Oh, and to get this written into modern notation, which was the point to begin with.

9 comments:

  1. That's simply STUNNING. I really admire you taking on (and winning) this task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:04 PM

    This is quite a huge accomplishment! Beautiful, too.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very,very beautiful, Martha!!!
    Katie V in NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. Good Job and Good to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally speechless! First of all, I thought this project wasn't even possible to accomplish; second, I am astounded you did it in size 80 thread! And third - you did this in record time! What an fantastic job! I can't even imagine writing up the instructions!

    For some reason the photo doesn't show up well on my computer. Is it possible for you to put another background behind it - such as in your previous post?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so very beautiful very spin like and dainty I love this can't wait for this pattern 🌹💟🌹

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this? It's wonderful!! Well done, a lot of work and a stunning result.

    ReplyDelete