Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Rick Rack Anyone?



OK, I'm a terrible blogger.  I just haven't had much to say.  Lately there has been more knitting than tatting, and more sheer laziness than there should be.

My recent tatting forays, such as they are, have been playing with rick rack.  I think it has quite a fun look to it.  I've done just a little research and was delighted to find my beloved Mrs. Mee tatting with rick rack in 1867.  

I'm a little disappointed to find the rick rack available in local stores is a little less dainty than the vintage packs I have, which has led to having to rewrite patterns.  What brand of rick rack do you have in your stores?  Is anyone interested in a book of rick rack tatting patterns?

I'm off to Finger Lakes soon.  I haven't packed. I'm not ready!!! Hope to see many of you there.

7 comments:

  1. How clever. I thought they were tallies at first glance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted about rick rack! I thought it was my imagination that the new stuff is so thick. I loved when my mom used rick rack to embellish our dresses, and I thought my memory was playing tricks on me. Yes, I would love to see a book of rick rack patterns! Please put me on your list for an autographed copy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The few times I've tried crochet or tatting with rick rack, I've found it impossible to get thread through. Even the tiniest crochet hook seemed more likely to break than penetrate. I haven't touched it in decades because of that. Maybe you have a new technique for that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea! I haven't bought rick rack in years; a book of patterns would be the perfect excuse to add some to my supplies shopping list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea. I would like to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:08 AM

    What a splendid idea. My Granny was a seamstress and she always had beautiful pieces of rick rack around for me to sew or glue to things. Today's rick rack is just not the same. Would love a book of rick rack patterns to tat.
    Knittat

    ReplyDelete