Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Looking Forward to Lodi


I am honored to have been chosen as one of the teachers at this year's Finger Lakes Tatting Conference, to be held in Lodi, NY this April 12-14.  There are social get-togethers on Friday and classes on Saturday and Sunday.  See their website here for complete information:   http://www.fingerlakestatting.com/  Note that the early registration discount is in effect through February 1. 

Here are 3 versions of the Maltese Ring motif I will be teaching.  I'm just now noticing that I never blocked some of these squares. How embarrassing! But if I don't post today, it may be too long before my next chance.
 

Other teachers will be K Boniface, Bonnie Swank, Mary Anna Robinson, Kaye Judt, Sharon Fawns, Shawna Wachs, D'Amone Popp, Ruth Perry, and of course, Karey Solomon.  Doesn't that sound like a great time?

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a really great time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous without blocking, Martha. Great lineup for Lodi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely motif! Martha, would it be right to say that Alternate Thread Tatting (Houtz Brothers) is an efficient method of holding/wrapping threads to tat Maltese rings where stitches can face the same side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came up with the way I make Maltese rings independently before I knew of the Shuttle Brothers' Alternate Thread method, and what I do is a bit different. I have read their instructions, but I haven't actually tried it their way yet. Obviously, since they have so many wonderful designs, their method must be efficient, but I think it lends itself only to rings with all the picots pointing outward.

      Delete
  4. sorry, I should've said ATR (ring) not ATT. An ATR is like a false Maltese ring :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what you mean by false. I think their rings are true rings, not mock rings. Or do you mean false because their picots all point out rather alternating outward and inward facing picots like a traditional Maltese ring?

      Delete