Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Motif Seven - Vicki's Ruffled Heart

Believe it or not, I do actually produce a piece of tatting now and then...




I have admired Vicki Clarke's Ruffled Heart ever since I first saw it on her blog. The ruffled chain, a mixture of half and whole stitches, fascinates me, and may be one of those rare brand new ideas in tatting. Once Palmetto Tat Days were over, I finally had some time for some recreational tatting, so this was the first thing I did. The one above is made in size 40 Lizbeth thread, which Handy Hands generously donated for everyone's goody bag at Palmetto. I can agree with every one else that this is a very nice thread to work with. (The heart's a little lopsided, maybe because people kept on asking me questions while I was trying to count stitches.)



I liked it so well, I made it again, this time with Shuttle Lab Trends HDT, another gift at Palmetto. They sell it by the ball in the vending room there, but I don't know where else you can buy it. Another nice thread, and lovely colors.




This is the same heart again, this one made for me by Tatting Chic, using a Yarnplayer HDT.


And here is another gift, a Jane Eborall pattern made by Sherry Townsend. I think this is a Lizbeth thread. Don't the beads go well with the thread?




BTW, over the next weeks (months?) I will trying to sell assorted knit, crochet, cross stitch, quilting, etc books and magazines on ebay. Some of mine, some of my mom's. It's been a long time since I sold on ebay, so I'm having an uphill battle re-learning how. My seller name is esstats.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! It's nice to see you tatting and posting! Of course we know you tat, silly Martha! ☺
    That goody bag you got at Palmetto Tat Days sounds like a fabulous gift!
    I just Googled "Shuttle Lab Trends" and only came up with the link to this blog post. I hope they sell online sometimes soon. I hope they understand that there is a market out there for tatting thread besides Palmetto! Hint Hint...whoever you are! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shuttle Lab Trends is the brilliant brain child of two Palmetto Tatters Guild members. If you will contact me off the blog, I will help you get in touch with them. They have some of the best color combinations! So creative and original.

    Love your tatting; it's very pretty.
    Karen
    sctatter # gmail / com (remove the spaces, and substitute the @ for the # and . for the /)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be watching out for you on ebay!!! Good luck with your listings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thanks, SCTATTER! Will do!

    ReplyDelete