Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to All!



In case you were wondering, yes, I did fall off the face of the earth. Or maybe it just feels that way.

Despite all the real world fiascos I won't bore you with, I did get in a little Christmas tatting. For the girls at work, I made Jane's Flurry Snowflake set in bangle bracelets. I forgot to take pictures of them, oops. I admired the pattern from the start, but did not realize how really clever the constuction was until I made some of them.

For some other friends, I made the teapot above. It didn't start out as a Christmas pattern, but the Christmas colors adapted rather well, I think. There were several versions, but I forgot to take pictures of them too, except this one. Organization has not been my strong point lately, and I was in a big hurry to get them in the mail. Some should reach their destinations by Christmas, and others will arrive late, I am sure. The pattern is destined for an upcoming issue of Tatting Times.

I wish everyone peace of mind, hope for the future, comfort of friends and family.

10 comments:

  1. Martha, that's a lovely Christmasy teapot! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful teapot! I like it with the buttons on it, and the holiday colors are fabulous on it, great job :)

    Bree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely teapot! And I wish you a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha I also think that Jane's flurry is a cleverly constructed. But your teapot is fabulous, well have to get a copy of this Tatting Times sent over to the UK.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas, as well as a Happy New Year 20111 filled with joy, prosperity, love, health, and plenty of time to enjoy it all.
    BIG hugs,
    Hegla
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the teapot. Nice job. How do we order the publication?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you and your family!! Love the teapot and look forward to seeing it in "Tatting Times"!
    Linda M in NM

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you click on the words "Tatting Times" in this post, the link should take you to Karey's website where there is subscription information.

    Thanks for all the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas teapot looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [26 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete