Monday, April 01, 2013

Friends Luring Me Back to TatLand


Well, it's been a while.  I've been through a rough patch with DH in the hospital twice and having to care for autistic DS3 by myself. So, I was completely stressed and busy for a while. He is doing much better now, but it has been taking me some time to recover.  Once I could relax a little, an odd sort of inertia set in and I was getting nothing done.  I had kept in touch with a few friends, whose support kept me going, but otherwise, I was doing very little online, not even keeping up with email.  I'm better too, now, but I had reverted to my status as a world class procrastinator when it came to getting back to blogging.

But then, it was like Tatland calling out to me to come back.  Over a short space of time, I noticed several people posting pictures of things they had made from my patterns, including Fox, Jane M, and Sally.  Out of the blue, Fox sent me the package below with beads and a yummy little motif, and Erin sent me a link to a tatting history article.

So, I sternly told myself it was time to get up off my butt and start blogging again. Who knows, I may even eventually get back to the history blog as well.  The new book is woefully behind schedule, but I'm working on it again.  Things are looking up.

Oh, and Happy Tatting Day, too.

14 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! It's lovely to "see" you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are back. I've missed you. Glad your family is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Welcome back Martha. You are so precious to our tatting community. Glad you are feeling better and your DH as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stressful time for you and the family, but pleased that DH is better now. I echo everyone else by saying it is good to have you back. Have been thinking a lot about you whilst tatting your patterns so good to have actually met in September. Wow looking forward to your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...all the best wishes to you Martha!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Glad the world has righted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to see a post from you again, Martha! I'm glad that everyone is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope things will get better and better! I think our elastic sometimes overstretches, gets completely plop and then hopefully gets back to the right amount of stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wondered where you had gone.

    Thought you had lost interest in tatting ! *GASP*

    Glad you have re-emerged and things are better.
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a lot on your plate, and sometimes we just have to de-pressurize. Hope things are turning around for you now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in sorta the same boat - same but different. Lotsa home stresses.

    Glad to see you again....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh glad to see you too Crazy Mom! I have been missing you too.

      Delete
    2. I was just thinking I hadn't seen anything on your blog for a while. Sorry to hear you are having troubles.

      Delete
  12. Sorry for the stresses and glad life if better for all. I don't think you could be a "world class procrastinator" for very long. A new pattern would have started pinging around your head demanding to be tried!

    ReplyDelete