Thursday, May 02, 2013

Weekend Outing

We decided we were ready for a little weekend outing, not too far away, to the New Bern and Beaufort, NC area.


The view from the deck at Front Street Grill in Beaufort.  Sunday brunch with a view is one of my favorite luxuries.

This is Fort Macon, (NC State Park) built in the 1800's  It's hard to tell from the picture, but the fort is built up inside a huge pit.  Easier to defend I think.  It's a very nice park with lots of historic displays.
Inside Fort Macon

In New Bern is Tryon Palace, rebuilt on the original foundations.  It was the first government official building and residence before the capitol was moved to Raleigh.  No photos allowed inside, sigh.  A very pleasant outing in all.
Tryon Palace, New Bern, NC

Tryon Palace gardens


Back home, I find myself surrounded by baby dragons.

3 comments:

  1. Your baby dragons look amazing.
    Thanking for sharing your photos nice to see parts of America which I doubt I will ever visit.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, those babies are sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Martha, how cute they are! I seem to be doing a lot of oohing and ahhing this evening as I catch up on everyone's blogs. I have an especially soft spot for dragons, though.

    ReplyDelete