Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A New Start


I have so much to do, and I'm so far behind, I did the only natural thing: I started a new project.  My fingers have been yearning for the feel of wool, and I have so much yummy roving I got at the Smoky Mountain Spinnery.  The label says Merino/Tussah/McKenzie.  It's very soft and luscious.  I haven't spun for so long, I wondered if I would remember how, but it's coming back to me.

Don't worry, the doily is still in progress.  I can carry tatting with me far easier than a spindle.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely wool, I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wool & colourway ! And spinning - Wow ! You are so very talented. Looking forward to the yarn taking shape via knitting/crochet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colorway...yup...that awful word is coming soon and I think I will try to finish one of my sweaters. It is an Alice Starmore design called "Rona" and I still have my "Beadwork" to work on...and I have some beautiful sock yarn and some beautiful Lace yarn. So much I want to do...but the Lord made me where I do have to spend sometime sleeping...Did I say I love your pin cushion?

    ReplyDelete