Thursday, September 07, 2017

Ta-Daaa!


Well, here's the yoke, finished at last.  I took it off the blocking board Monday.  I wish I remembered when I started.  It took about 2 1/2 balls of DMC Cordonet size 50, or maybe 2 2/3.  It's hard to estimate partial balls.  It's been an interesting journey.

It just occurred to me, I should have measured the dimensions for you, but it's not coming out of the suitcase now.

And I'm all packed up ready to leave for Toccoa Tatdays in the morning, and it's only 2 am. That's what time I usually get home from work, so that's not bad at all. Wonder what I forgot to pack this time...

13 comments:

  1. What an achievement! And it's absolutely stunning, are you intending to attach it to a garment in due course?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is truly FABULOUS, Martha. Can't wait to see it myself but it won't be in Georgia!!! I am green with envy at you going to Palmetto - have a LOT of fun and enjoy not being a teacher for once!!! I may treat myself to that one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's fabulous, well done for getting it done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!!!!!!! :)
    Have a safe and fun trip!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe and fun trip, nice looking collar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "waah, waah !!!" - a standing ovation and clapping with both hands !!!

    (waah is a huge spontaneous compliment in Urdu/Hindi - the equivalent of Wow or Awesome)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, A wonderful piece of tatting.
    Have a safe journey and enjoy tat days

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was an amazing piece. It looked so good on you too! It won!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely, stunningly, gorgeous!!!! can we have detailed close up pictures, pretty please? One shot is just not enough. Can we see a picture of it being worn?

    ReplyDelete