Friday, April 20, 2018

I Can Cluny





I was recently fortunate to attend the Finger Lakes Tatting Conference.  One of my classes was with Mimi Dillman, who is the master of cluny tatting. It was wonderful hearing her advice and seeing her samples of cluny work.  I had done a little with clunies before, but they never looked any where as nice as this class project I finished after I got home.

She showed us an easier way to form the cluny "loom" over our fingers.  You can see that method in this this YouTube video HERE by Elisadusud, another grand master of the cluny style.

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, well done. It must be great to be able to take a lesson from an expert and learn the best way to master a technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi's a great teacher and has taught me to like clunies too. Not a lot but a little more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've often thought that clunies add a special touch to tatting, but have been discouraged in my attempts. I appreciate the link to the video! Your sample looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful I live clunies wish for more patterns with them😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely clunys something I have not tried but I am going to watch her video, thanks for sharing the link

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look beautiful, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to study the video. A goal I've set this year is to learn one tatting technique (or more), and clunies are what I chose. Yours are beautiful!

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mimi is such a wonderful teacher. So talented.

    ReplyDelete