Sunday, July 15, 2018

Butterfly names



I'm usually not much good at coming up with pattern names.  And I don't know a lot about real life butterflies. Thanks to a link to a butterfly book shared by Little Grey Bungalow, I see there is a family of butterflies called Fritillary (or Fritillaria) close enough in shape I can use it to name my large butterfly.

But what to do with my small butterflies?  They may have to remain "Two-Button Butterfly" and "Four-Button Butterfly" if I can't come up with anything.

7 comments:

  1. How about flit-button-fly, they are so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frilly butterfly? I do like your button butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with naming patterns too. Least you’ve got one named and maybe some more suggestions will come in these comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what you call them, they are beautiful! P.S ~ I have a terrible time coming up with names also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pattern and butterflies,
    I often use my butterflies and put them on a card, either centrally, or if they are small fluttering around a picture of a flower.
    As for a name, fluttering by on a button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The one with 4 buttons and upward wings I'd name "button-up butterfly".
    How about something like 'fantasy butterfly' or button fantasy or some such adjective for the other one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:45 PM

    Maybe something like Bowtie Butterfly? I think that it looks like one. Sarah

    ReplyDelete