When I started working on a book of tatting patterns with buttons, I just assumed I had plenty of buttons on hand. But when the time came to test the patterns with larger threads, I was surprised to discover how few large buttons I actually had. Not to mention how little good quality size 10 thread. Going shopping was out of question this weekend, so I stirred and stirred through my buttons until I found a handful about the same size. Worked up in size 10 thread, it came to 6 3/4 inches across. I thought it was garish, if not scary at first, but I think it is growing on me.
Things are looking good right now to have the book finished in early September. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
By the way, I am no longer getting email notifications when there are comments awaiting moderation. I don't know if that's a Blogger thing or a Yahoo mail thing. I try to remember to check, but sometimes I forget.