If you like Christmas music and old time string bands, I can recommend "The Gathering," a concert that will be coming to several locations in Pennsylvania and North Carolina. The schedule is here. It includes both traditional music and pieces written by members of the band.
I was lucky to see it this past weekend. The band includes Laurelyn Dossett from Polecat Creek, and Rhiannon Giddens from Carolina Chocolate Drops, my two favorite bands, so I had to go. There were other musicians I did not know previously, but enjoyed quite a lot.
If you can't go in person, you see it here on Youtube.
Your regularly scheduled tatting will resume shortly.
Coffin Bookmark or I Told You I Was Sick!
-
Happy Thanksgiving!
We're in the second week of October and the leaves are turning quickly.
There was warm weather all September and are just now gett...
10 hours ago



No comments:
Post a Comment