Monday, May 24, 2010

More Charleston


The next day on vacation was an official "guy" day. DH gets dragged so many places I want to go, it's good that he gets a day sometime. We went to Patriot's Point in Mt. Pleasant, SC, home of the USS Yorktown, a WWII aircraft carrier.




On board were planes....

...lots and lots of planes.


We were also able to go on board the USS Clamagore, a Cold War era submarine.


Then a nice ferry ride over to see the ruins of Fort Sumter.



I actually got some tatting done on vacation. I'll show that later.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're having a fun time, seeing new things and just relaxing. Long overdue I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are both enjoying your vacation in our beautiful state. Charleston is a great place to learn about the history of our state and the southern charm of our plantations.
    Its one place I never get tired of seeing.

    ReplyDelete