Friday, July 29, 2011

Yes, I Did...


Yes, I did. I bought the antique hanky we've been talking about on Here-Be-Tatters. I just couldn't help myself. I don't know how often this sort of thing comes available, so I didn't want to pass up a chance to own a piece of pre-1850 style tatting. You'll be hearing more about my obsession with antique tatting.


The mailbox also held the current issue of Tatting Times, and it's a really great one. I think I want to make everything in this issue. It starts with a butterfly that really caught my eye, and then there's a really fascinating Lotus Pod pattern. And then a thistle with woven picots on the inside of a Maltese Ring. Looks like I'm not the only one playing with picots.



And to round out an excellent day, I had thought the new book needed one more pattern, and I think the design phase is done. I'll be sure once I've sewn in the ends and blocked it, but I think this will do.




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pattern, and a lovely hanky, that is one to treasure.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a terrific heart! I'm looking forward to your new book - will it be out in time for Tat Days? Will you be selling copies there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heart design is wonderful and very eye-catching! And how come I have never seen the Tatting Times? I must get that publication - thanks :)
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pre-1850 doily landed in an excellent home! Any chance you might be bringing this lace to Tat Days? (Hoping it is not too fragile.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, that heart is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love that design! I'm a picot fan, too.
    Wonderful to own a piece of tatting history, and your hanky looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely heart! hmm...wonder if I got my TT booklet? Lucky you to get that beautiful hanky. We had show and tell of our lace collections at lace guild this month and I finally have most of my lace in one place. Way more than I knew I had! Loved seeing everyone else's lace too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm trying to have that book ready to bring to Palmetto with me. It's still touch and go at this point.

    I'm planning to bring the hanky (doily?) with me too.

    You can follow the link in the post to Karey's site for subscription information on Tatting Times. Here it is again: http://www.gracefulartsfiberstudio.com/PUBLICATIONS.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh! That heart is super gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete