Friday, February 17, 2012

In Loving Memory of Gina


Gina was very special to me. I am glad that I got to meet her in person a few times, as well as through the internet. There are only 2 blogs that I visit every single day and hers was one of those. Her range of interests was amazing. On any given day she might show tatting, some other needlecraft, painting, or some other type of art. I learned about Romanian Point Lace from her. Two little pieces she made for me are shown above. In the same envelope I found two teabags she sent at the same time. I was going to save them for some time special and forgot about them. I will drink them in her honor now.

We shared a love of antique patterns. I remember one of my early encounters with her was to swap duplicate copies of old Needlecraft Magazines. Her study of the Therese de Dillmont patterns is just the sort of thing I love.

I was fortunate to have Gina as a test tatter for several of my books. She was always very helpful. When I was wondering why the Mrs. Mee picots didn't always twist, she was the one who figured it out. She was instrumental in completing the instructions for that technique.

The tatting community has suffered a great loss. I will miss her very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment