Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ta-tilicious Thread & etc

Jess! at Tat-ilicious has very generously sent me some of her HDT.


This is her "Harvest" colorway, with a nice mix of red/gold/brown in both size 20 and 80.


Here is some "Red Velvet," a very warm rich reddish brown. The other is a skein from a trial run that wasn't what she was looking for, but I like this one more each time I look at it. Sort of grey/yellow/fuschia. I will have to find good projects for all of these.

I am excited to hear that she will be coming to the Palmetto Tat Days this year. It is so much better shopping for thread in person since cameras and monitors don't always capture its true personality, especially for HDT.


The spinning adventure continues. Here is some very brown undyed Corriedale, and some bright hand dyed Blue Faced Leicester.  Before I started this, I thought wool was just, well, wool.  It turns out there are umpteen varieties of it, not to mention fiber from other animals.

Believe it or not, I actually do some tatting once in a while. I made several butterflies last week, but I've been too lazy busy to work in the ends and block them.


But I did find this picture of a piece I made a while back and never showed. This is Karey's Heart of the Rose from her Hearts Belong to Tatting, made with some her own HDT. Since it comes from a book, I can count it toward my own special rules 25 Motif Challenge. I think this comes to number 10 for this round of the challenge. I haven't been doing too well getting this round accomplished.

3 comments:

  1. The heart is beautiful and the thread is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful heart!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have worked on this pattern several times with no luck....did you by chance find a misprint or mistake some where around the repeated three rows?

    ReplyDelete