Monday, April 22, 2013

Life is Good



Here in North Carolina, dogwoods and azaleas are in bloom.  It's one of my favorite times of year.


The front yard flower garden continues to delight.  The creeping phlox in the middle didn't bloom much this year.  I wonder if it needs thinning or feeding.  The pansies are still happy and the Sweet Williams are starting nicely.


I know the pansies will die when the weather turns hot, but I wonder if the violas will survive.  I love them so much .


Last year, most of what I planted didn't come up, or died, or got eaten.  (Luckily I am blessed with the many perennials left by the previous owner.)  Here is one of my few survivors, last year a modest bit of greenery, this year a handsome flower.


Meanwhile, after weeks of effort, I think I have this pattern tweaked to my satisfaction.  Progress on the new  book, though slow, continues.

11 comments:

  1. That pattern looks amazing! Pegasus?
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks very pretty! The horse looks intriguing, lot of work to get that right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks beautiful, my garden is way behind yours, the weather has been so cold most of my spring plants have not even started to move into life.
    That pattern looks gorgeous I look forward to seeing your new book.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bleeding heart - I never had much luck with it. I love Spring, too!

    Can't wait to see Pegasus in all his glory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the azaleas in my mom's front yard when I was a little girl in Philadelphia. They fascinated me! I was sure Tinker Bell lived in our azalea bushes! Back in my quilting days, my sister-in-law and I would go to the quilt show in Paducah, where I fell in love with dogwoods. I think I might enjoy living in your neck of the woods!

    I love your flying horses! I can hardly wait for your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Pegasus' look wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tatting is so very nice, I am in Tennessee and just started gardening my peony's are improving every year they had a ruff start. I have many favorites and the Dutch Iris is another one don't get me stated. I started working on my tatting blog check it out. Its had to find I guess still don't know what I am doing wrong It's under "madtatter80 blog" and "Carollyn's tatting blog"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bleeding hearts. We have a spot where I could plant them, but the vinca has infested it first!
    Happy Spring. I was amazed to find how much more energy I had with the new season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It IS beautiful here in North Carolina. We took a drive through the countryside yesterday and it was wonderful. We stopped at a nursery and bought our ferns to hang on our front porch and some begonias to plant in the stone planters beside the front steps. I love this time of year and it reminds me there is someone greater than us.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:44 PM

    Your garden is wonderful.

    I can't wait for your next book. I would love to be able to create those beautiful horses and Pegasus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait for the new book! Pegasus? awesome. what other creatures are you planning besides the dragons? Oooh, centaurs, unicorns (easy since you have the Pegasus), phoenix, griffin, Ipotane, hydra...my favorite, Cerberus.
    I am excited to see!!

    ReplyDelete