Tuesday, February 04, 2014

2 More from Priscilla 2


Here are two more antique motifs from a different collar in Priscilla No. 2. (See previous post for links to download the book.)  Again these are chain-only designs with lots of picots. These use lots of Victorian sets, also called rickrack tatting, made by making several of the first half stitches followed by several second half stitches.  It makes a nice texture.  I had to pull my rickrack chains very tight to make them fit the space to match the illustration.  Perhaps this was because I used the same weight thread for both the shuttle and ball threads, though the original pattern called for size 40 core thread and size 60 ball thread.

PS.  The Palmetto TatDays call for teachers and logo designs is now out.  Don't worry, there's lots of time before the deadlines.  Click Here for details.

3 comments:

  1. That makes since I have done thicker core thread and I like the results too! I think these are beautiful and wondering what you are up to very Easter like or spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such nice flowers!!
    ♥Petra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those both look really nice!! I really like the top design!! :)

    ReplyDelete