BLOCKS & BUTTONS and VICTORIANS REVISITED - Two New Books Now Available!

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Free Association Tatting


It's like this....  Jane was showing off her latest baubles the other day, and my instant reaction was it looked like a fish.




So I had to sit down and make a fish.  It's not in Gary and Randy's book, but once you get the concept of the bauble, making up your own isn't hard.



You may have notice I've been quiet lately.  I took a break from tatting for a while when my brain needed a rest and I only felt like doing mindless things, like spinning.  (Well, for me, working my drop spindle is pretty mindless, in a comforting, meditative kind of way, no offense meant to spinners.)  Then, once spun, the yarn needs to be knitted.  Yes, it does need; the skein calls out and whimpers until cast on.  But now, the shawl is in its latter stages, and I'm back tatting again. And not too soon, with Tat-Days coming next week.


7 comments:

  1. Yay! I have missed your blog and brain. : )
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that! I'll be learning baubles soon. You make them look fun and I was thinking they're a little complicated.. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:12 AM

    Love your fish. I saw it on Jane's blog and found it brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous fish! Can we say meditative instead of mindless?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is probably the best example of bauble l have seen so ! I , too, saw it first on Jane's blog , (although I follow your blog) and commented on the excellent combination of traditional / classic tatting with modern bauble-tatting . You choice of colours is captivating, too, in a realistic sense .

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fish is wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete