Sunday, October 06, 2019

Pearl Tatted Skeleton

Remember me? I used to have a web site and a blog.  Well, the blog is still here, but you would hardly tell from as seldom as I post.  Can you bear with yet another resolution to do better?

One of the Facebook tatting groups has been asking for my Pearl Tatted Skeleton, which was on the old website that was taken away.  I've managed to find it, brush it off a bit, and add it to my Free Pattern Page (look near the top of this page for the Free Pattern tab). 


If anyone still has a copy of the old website 2007 version, let me warn you, it had some bad mistakes in it. I hope I have corrected those mistakes without adding any new ones.  I have written the pearl tatted section in greater detail as well.


This is not an easy pattern.  In fact, this is a horrible pattern, with some ridiculously long chains and some huge rings that are hard to close.   I can see how I can possibly rework it with some different techniques to make it better, but that will not be ready in time for this year's Halloween.  Since I have this in my mind's eye already, please let me do it myself.  But meanwhile, for everyone who was wanting it right away, here you go, and good luck.


A direct link: HERE

Update to add: sorry everyone having trouble with the link.  I hope I have it fixed now, so please try again.  If you are still having problems after 7:15 pm EDT 10/6/19, please let me know.





9 comments:

  1. I saw on FB that there was a lot of interest, well done for getting the reviewed pattern up. I don’t think anyone would expect it to be anything but difficult, but I’m sure there are tatters keen to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that pattern! It will be interesting to see what changes you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on getting the pattern, I saw this to on facebook. I will put this on my list to do its a long list don't expect any time soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dusting it off. Its always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great! If you want shorter chains, use smaller thread. (Had to say that.) Good to see you blogging again. Sorry I missed you at Tat Days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried the link many times, but it is not work for me. :-((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have it fixed now, please try again.

      Delete
  7. It is an incredible design and very clever manoeuvring !!! A master pattern 💙💚💜💛💜💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, all fixed. Thanks..!

    ReplyDelete