Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Another Bit of Salvage


When I was almost done with one of the motifs of the rose doily, I made a Dreadful Mistake and had to cut away.  The rings are so small I did not think I could add in thread without making an ugly blob, so I just set that piece aside.  Later I went around the edge making split chain like wrapped stitches.  It was a bit tedious and time consuming, but a very dainty effect.



Here's another background.

(Later on, when I broke the thread trying to open a ring, I did try adding in a new thread, and it was not too bad.)

Have you planned your tatting get-away for this year?  Registration is now open for Palmetto Tatters Tat Days in Toccoa, Georgia, September 7-10, click for information HERE.

and for Fringe Element Tatters Tat Days in Cambridge, Ontario, September 22-23, click for information HERE.

6 comments:

  1. You did a great job no one would know you salvaged it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Martha! That is one looooooong split chain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worth the effort :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:12 PM

    Very pretty medallion from what started out to be a 'salvage' piece. Long 'split chain,' but there's something about the process of tatting a split chain that becomes relaxing if you do many of them. This is lovely.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tatting always fun to see what you are up to I love netting with tatting lace nice big finish :)

    ReplyDelete