Sunday, October 22, 2023

State Fair Ribbons


I love going to the NC State Fair.   I saw some clogging, listened to some bluegrass, ate some weird fair food, and got my yearly block of Cheerwine flavored fudge.  


I visited with Anitra at her tatting booth inside the Village of Yesteryear, had nice chats with a weaver and a potter, and saw many beautiful crafts.


The Exhibition Building houses the ribbon competition entries.  We do not have very many tatting categories, but quilting and embroidery are especially plentiful and exquisite.



I won 2 ribbons!  I got the blue ribbon for framed/mounted tatting with this square pinwheel Dora Young pattern.  I won second place in a catch-all "other non-threaded needlework" category with a set of bookmarks, all my own patterns, mostly from Playing with Picots.  Those were my only 2 entries, so I was very pleased they both placed.  Also, I was happy to see friend's names on ribbon winners in some other categories.


Each year as I walk through the fair, I think of all the things I can make and all the categories I can enter the next year.  Will I actually make all those things in time?






 



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your ribbons! The fair sounds like a fun event to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the ribbons! Your tatting is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I accidentally deleted Jane E's comment. Here's what she said, recovered from my email: Jane Eborall has left a new comment on your post "State Fair Ribbons":

    You did do well with so few entries. I just LOVE the Dora Young one. It’s one of my favourite patterns from her book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha, ha!! I've done that several times, Martha. The 'publish' and 'delete' buttons are so close together.

    ReplyDelete